photo ThePrepNextDoorSN-Home.png photo ThePrepNextDoorSN-twitter.png photo ThePrepNextDoorSN-Insta.png photo ThePrepNextDoorSN-Pinterest.png photo ThePrepNextDoorSN-bloglovin.png

Monday, December 19, 2016

How to get into the Christmas Spirit

With only six days until Christmas, I seriously need to get into the Christmas spirit. Hearing back from colleges, taking of tests, and writing papers, there has been a lot of stress so far this December. Christmas is one of my favorite holidays, and I am running out of time to enjoy the Christmas season. Today and tomorrow, my schools choir and the senior class are performing in the annual Christmas Tableaux, and I am really excited.  Along with performing, these are a few ways I am trying to get into the Christmas spirit.


~ Listen to Christmas music ~
Christmas music is one of my favorites. The classics never get old, and I can listen to every song on repeat. This year, I am especially loving the Glee Christmas soundtrack on Spotify.

~ Watch a Christmas movie ~
There are so many classic Christmas movies such as Home Alone, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Love Actually, Elf, Charlie Brown Christmas, and of course, Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer etc. They are all so cheerful, and can put you into a great mood.

~ Bake and decorate Christmas cookies ~
Baking Christmas cookies at home with family or friends can be such a fun holiday activity. Decorating sugar cookies in different holiday themed shapes with frosting and sprinkles is something special I only do during Christmas. The smell while baking them is wonderful, and makes it feel like it is the holiday season. Along with that, if you play some Christmas music while baking it is even more fun.

~ Host a gift exchange party ~
I just went to a gift exchange this past Friday night, and it was really fun. This is one of my favorite holiday traditions because it is very Christmasy. I love how everyone attending the party brings a gift, and then you go around in a circle and watch everyone open the gifts we all brought. It gets more exciting when someone wants to steal another person's gift because you don't even expect it.  

How do you get into the Christmas sprit?
xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio