photo ThePrepNextDoorSN-Home.png photo ThePrepNextDoorSN-twitter.png photo ThePrepNextDoorSN-Insta.png photo ThePrepNextDoorSN-Pinterest.png photo ThePrepNextDoorSN-bloglovin.png

Friday, October 07, 2016

Hello Fall Collab: Recipe

To end our three part fall themed collab, I wanted to share one of my favorite fall foods, banana bread. Banana bread is a seasonal snack, and when fall comes around, I love having it. Even though I love it so much, I have never made banana bread before, but it is something that I have always wanted to try. This weekend was rainy, and I didn't have much on my plate. So, as I was scrolling through Pinterest, I found this delicious recipe, and thought this would be the perfect opportunity to give it a go!  
What you will need:
2-3 very ripe bananas, peeled
1/3 cup melted butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups of all-purposed flour


1. Preheat the oven to 350 F and butter a 4x8-inch loaf pan
2.  In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until completely smooth. 
3. Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
3. Mix in the baking soda and salt. Stir in the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract.
4. Mix in the flour.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, and let it bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour.
6. Remove from the oven and let it cool on a rack!


The baking process was really simple, and it turned out amazing! I was hoping to have it for breakfast this week for school, however, my whole family devoured it ;) It was truly that good! Don't forget to visit PJ's blog and see what fall recipe she is sharing today.

Do you have a favorite fall recipe?
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I really need to try this! I love banana bread, especially for fall, and this look so easy and delicious!
    xoxo, Addie
    addiethompson.com

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by kelly christine studio