photo ThePrepNextDoorSN-Home.png photo ThePrepNextDoorSN-twitter.png photo ThePrepNextDoorSN-Insta.png photo ThePrepNextDoorSN-Pinterest.png photo ThePrepNextDoorSN-bloglovin.png

Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Meet: Amy Stone

Meet Amy:
She currently is working for Gap for social media and is one of my favorite instagramers.

 Ivy Dress from thestyleline.com 


1. Who inspired you to create your blog?

When I was a junior in college, I studied Advertising & PR with art, photography, and graphic design courses on the side. However, I really wanted to create a digital destination of my own. I've always been interested in the internet and fashion so creating a blog made sense. I would rent a DSLR camera from the university every weekend and create photo stories. I used blogging as a creative outlet --- social media came into the picture shortly after. Over time, I unknowingly built a skill set that is now essential to my job. Currently, I am a global community manager for Gap, part of the marketing department's social media team, and of course - maintain my own digital presence. 


2. Who is your role model in the blogasphere?

One of my role models is my former boss at Gap. Although I didn't meet her through the blogging world, I would consider her to be a digital genius and social media expert (that's putting it lightly). She has taught me so much about a myriad of topics spanning far beyond the internet. Her enthusiasm about my creativity and personal branding, as well as professional development, has changed my perspective and boosted my confidence tenfold. She is a truly amazing person - there is no one else like her!  


3.What is favorite time to shoot photographs for your instagram?

I find peace in setting up little vignettes during my morning cup of coffee and I always have my iPhone on hand while walking around the city. However, my favorite time to create content is while on vacation. There's nothing more inspiring than a new environment and fresh scenery to take in! In the past year, my favorite photos are from my travels: Nantucket, Cape May,  Boston, East Hampton, and Charleston. 

4.Do you have favorite subjects to photograph ie: nature, people, etc.

I love to capture travel settings, chic shoes, well-styled food, summer lifestyle, and interesting doors/door knockers. Beach scenes and bold color appeal to me more than neutrals and city building facades. I'm slowly warming up to photographing moving subjects (people!) and being in front of the camera. Although, I usually like to remain slightly anonymous. 

5.What editing apps and filters do you use?

I shoot on an iPhone 5 and 5S. I use VSCOcam to filter and edit my photos with G3, N1, and S3 being my preferred presets. Natural lighting and clean compositions are the first step to a great iPhone photo. Editing comes next and should only be used to enhance a photo subtly, in my opinion! 
6. Tell me about some of the people you’ve met and the experience you have had while working on your blog.

I've met some of my closest friends and colleagues because of blogging / social media. The internet is a place to easily find like-minded people with similar interests, so friendships and partnerships usually feel organic right off the bat. 

One of the most exciting experiences was being nominated for a CFDA award -- Fashion Instagrammer of the Year. After college, I interned at the CFDA. The nomination, 3 years later, felt full-circle. To be recognized by Instagram and the CFDA in such a capacity was an unexpected honor that really inspired me to create new content. 

7. How would you describe your blogging style?

City guides and well-curated photo essays are my absolute favorite types of content. I love to report on new restaurants in my neighborhood, recap my summer travels, and share weekend recommendations. Additionally, still life editorial-like photo series (think styled beauty products) are something I've recently started to explore. At the end of the day, I find immense joy in crafting and composing beautiful images together in a way that tells a useful, practical story to readers

You can follow Amy on: Instagram and Twitter
xoxo,
MBK

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio